Next up, a book variously called the best book about football ever, or the best book about sport ever. The Damned Utd by David Peace.
I was handed a World Book Day copy by Dean, who sells me my Big Issue on Charing Cross Road.
I have the feeling it's not going to live up to the reputation...
Sunday, June 03, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Well, I found the poetic side of this a bit repetitive and, yes, disappointuing.
Every time Clough opens his mouth Peace has a rule that what he says has to include the words "bloody" and "fucking". And the next time, the same but in the other order...
And each chapter has to have a flashback. And there shall be no women in the book.
After a bit, it was strangely moving and interesting, but I don't think it lived up to the praise.
The film is meant to be good...
Post a Comment