I just lent my copy of Moby Dick on to Justin - how are the rest of you doing?Sorry, that that was a wind-up. I found I had two copies here. In fact, I'm on page 43, so I'm already falling behind. I reckon we've got to be reading about 17 pages a day to get it read by 20 November.
Are we being absurdly macho in this quest? Should we be seeking out and consuming a book in this way - or could the beast prove too much for us?
Will the meaning slip past us, and the experience just be a bit like reading Master and Commander in slow motion?Be that as it may, I see there's been comic book versions by the great Will Eisner and Bill Scienkiwicz,
If you're reading this by email, there's pictures on the blog.
And in the 1960s, there was a cartoon series, originally created by Alex Toth for Hanna-Barbera. He had a seal side-kick called Scooby, and helped two kids fight people like Manta Menace.

No comments:
Post a Comment